FREE AASC Community Coach Training Program
The Active After-school Communities (AASC) program is a national initiative that provides primary school-aged children with access to free, structured physical activity programs in the after-school hours timeslot. The program aims to engage traditionally inactive children in sport and other structured physical activities, and through a positive and fun experience, develop a love of sport that inspires them to join a local sporting club. Coaches from the community are needed to help deliver these activities and they attend the Community Coach Training Program prior to getting started.
The Australian Sports Commission’s Active After-School Communities (AASC) Program is conducting a FREE Coaching Course on Wednesday the 15th and Thursday the 16th of December. It is open to students, volunteers, teachers, parents, club coaches, beginner coaches, professional coaches and community members.
How does it work?
To gain your Foundation Coach Accreditation through the AASC program, all you have to do is:
- Attend and successfully complete the free one or two day AASC Community Coach Training Program
- Watch the Netball Australia Skills of Netball Foundation DVD (available from the AASC staff member at the course)
- Register as a AASC deliverer
- Be engaged by a participating AASC school or after school care centre to deliver a netball program
- Complete a successful appraisal conducted by a AASC staff member (there are 154 AASC Regional Coordinators across the country)
- Apply for your Foundation Coach Accreditation through your state netball association
Who is it for?
This process is available for anyone who would like to coach in the AASC and also have an interest in gaining coaching accreditation in netball.
What are the benefits?
Going through this process will allow you to gain two qualifications – your netball Foundation Coaching Accreditation and your AASC Community Coach Certificate. There are numerous benefits of coaching in the AASC program which include getting involved in your community, the satisfaction of watching traditionally inactive kids having fun playing netball, access to coaching resources and game ideas.
When: Wednesday 15 December & Thursday 16 December
Time: 5:30pm – 9:30pm
Where: Marrara Indoor Stadium
For further information or to register contact Lee Wilson – 08 8942 3681.