- New definitions of breaking, pivot and set (for a free pass and penalty pass)
- The sanction if a free pass or penalty pass is taken in an incorrect position
- When a player who is in the correct position may take the penalty pass
- Umpires hold time to give a caution and new caution signal added
- Change of ‘official warning’ to ‘warning’ throughout rules book
- Suspension period is 2 minutes playing time
- State when a player may move into the court surround
- Minor tidy up to remove duplication and provide clarity
Netball Australia has developed a video series to explain the amendments to the rules, which can be watched here.
To obtain an updated copy of the Rules of Netball and other resources, visit netball.com.au/our-game/basic-rules-of-netball.
If you’re interested in becoming an umpire, visit netball.com.au/get-involved/umpiring.
For queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org